Doing this was quite the headache, but here’s how I got it working for Drupal 7.28 on my local machine.
Errors I ran into before figuring this included:
configure: error: Please specify the install prefix of iconv with --with-iconv=<DIR>
fatal error: 'zend_config.h' file not found
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.
grep: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.10/include/php/main/php.h: No such file or directory
- First, make sure php, pecl and mysql refer to your MAMP versions.
- Download your PHP and extract folder to (where 5.x.x is your php version):
- Rename the folder to:
- install autoconf with homebrew (you will need homebrew installed):
- navigate into the directory where you extracted the php files and run:
- install uploadprogress with pecl:
- add the following line to php.ini:
$ brew install autoconf
$ cd /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.x.x/include/php
$ ./configure --without-iconv
sudo pecl install uploadprogress
At the very end of this, I noticed the commented out apc.so line in the MAMP PHP config. This leads me to believe that going with the APC solution may be much less of a headache. Your results may vary.